Guest Jane Walsh: Entrepreneur and Licensed Psychologist
Today is a special bonus episode of The Workshop Weekly. We are about three weeks into the world being flipped completely upside down due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. It’s not a stretch to say pretty much everyone has been left reeling from all the changes we’ve had to adapt to so quickly. Social isolation, job loss, and just the general sense of the unknown are just some of the struggles people are having to deal with. Maybe you’ve suddenly had to work from home and homeschool at the same time, experienced a total loss of income, or are trying to stay afloat while running your own business. Whatever you’re dealing with at the moment, I want you to take this hour to sit down, relax, and listen to this free one-hour counseling session. I’m chatting with my longtime friend and licensed psychologist, Jane Walsh. Jane is the owner and director of her private psychology practice, SJPsychology in New Brunswick. Sit down, relax, and just listen as we chat about how you can look after your body and your mind in these challenging times.
- Improving your mental toughness
- Suggestions for people who may not know where to start their mental health journey.
- Tactical tips for creating a positive mindset.
- The benefits of physical health on mental health.
- What meditation really means and the variety of ways you can meditate
- Dealing with a business in times of crisis
- Limiting your media consumption
- Recommendations for listeners with a full house and new take on parenting
- One thing you can do right now to improve your mental health
Jane’s meditation and mental health resources:
- Deepak Chopra
- Brené Brown
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Visit Our Sponsors:
Save 10% on Sheertex pantyhose with code KELLYSLAWSON10:
Save $40 on your first box with HelloFresh:
Save 15% on your new TONIC site with code KELLYLAWSON
Learn what’s in Kelly’s capsule this season: