Guest Allison K, Web and Brand Specialist
My friend, it is time to stop fearing the googz!
Do the words ‘SEO’ and ‘Google Analytics’ intimidate you? Well, I gotchu!
Today I’m chatting with Alison Knott, marketer, web developer, and strategist. Alison has years of experience in designing and marketing websites and runs her own consulting business helping people to optimize their sites.
Alison began her journey into all things tech as a young girl fascinated with coding. Wanting to learn more, she found options for young women limited and went into graphic design. She worked for small newspapers before moving into becoming a lead designer at a software company. After that company downsized, she started working for herself and Alison K Consulting was born. Now she works with service-based companies and non-profits to take their businesses to the next level by combining design, marketing, and data.
Today’s episode is filled with amazing insights and tips. Here’s a look at what Alison and I cover:
- Understanding the constant changes online
- Knowing your audience
- The number one thing you need to know and do with your website
- Why your website needs to be your BFF
- Identifying the goals of your website and relating them to your business goals
- Installing Google Analytics and using it to boost engagement
- Creating plans for moving forward
- Charting results
- The difference between website hits and sessions and things in between
- How to get people on to your site and to stay there
- Taking advantage of and tips on how to use SEO
- Why you should be alt-tagging your images
>> Learn how to install Google Analytics here <<
Grab Alison’s free guide ‘5 Things Everyone Forgets to Do for Their Website’
Find more information on the services Alison offers at https://alisonkconsulting.com
Check out today’s sponsors!
Save 10% on Sheertex pantyhose with code KELLYSLAWSON10:
Save $40 on your first box with HelloFresh:
Save 15% on your new TONIC site with code KELLYLAWSON
Learn what’s in Kelly’s capsule this season: