With Kelly Lawson
In this show, I will be sharing the surprising things that can make or break your business. I’ll be speaking straight from the heart – and my own experience – about the mistakes I made and how I learned the hard way where to laser-focus my time, energy and money. I don’t want you to waste another second ignoring the things that can really move the dial for your business, so let’s get talking about the simple steps you can take to achieve your goals starting RIGHT NOW.
Today, I’m going to open up about the biggest mistakes I made in my own business and see many entrepreneurs around me getting wrong, too. I’m going to talk about the most surprising things that can literally make you sink or swim.
When I started out in business, I got so many things backwards. Looking back now, I see how I put waaay too much time, energy and attention on the wrong things. And, on the flip side, hindsight lets me now see those things that were literally game-changers for my business. Aargh! If only they had been so crystal-clear then. It would have saved me so much money and stress!
Anyhow, it’s never too late to make a change for the better.
Because here’s the thing: once you’ve identified what can really make a difference, you can let a bunch of other stuff that’s tying up all your time, energy and money go. Yes, my friends, this is all about less is more. As in doing less, and making more. And all with less struggle and waste.
So, in this show, Imma gonna break down the areas of my business that have been totally transformational in helping me grow and scale. More than that, these are also the things that have given me so much clarity, confidence and, best of all, a sense of calm as I move forward.
My friends, I want to save you the pain I went through. So no matter where you are in your business lifecycle, today’s show is for you.
OK, you ready? Let’s dig in.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The throwing-spaghetti-at-the-wall approach and why it isn’t doing you any favors.
- How it is LEGIT impossible to be all the things to all the people.
- Getting systems in place to manage time and resources – processes do NOT kill inspiration… being a hot mess does.
- How to free up time, head space and energy for the work that matters to you most.
- Identifying tedious tasks and draining jobs that eat up your time and how manage them.
- Building a beautiful empire on a rock-solid foundation.
- The dangers of getting caught in the hustle – how to prioritize balance in your life and your biz (hint: unplug and unwind).
- Making and managing money like a pro.
- Being visible to your customers and build trust with them. Go a head, show them that pretty face ;).
- Expecting a winding road – not everything is linear.
I think it’s so important to share not just our successes but our failures, to share all parts of this journey. So I hope I’ve saved you a little time, energy, money and a little pain. And I’d love to hear from you, about what mistakes you’ve made, or what you’re struggling with! Drop into my DMs on insta and tell me – I am @kellyslawson and tell me how you made out! And I’ll see you here next week, same time, same place for another workshop to keep making change for the better in your business.
- “Trust Agents” – Chris Brogan
- Amy Porterfield
- The Workshop Weekly Episode 004
- The Workshop Weekly Episode 013
Check out today’s sponsors!
Save 10% on Sheertex pantyhose with code KELLYSLAWSON10:
Save $40 on your first box with HelloFresh:
Save 15% on your new TONIC site with code KELLYLAWSON
Learn what’s in Kelly’s capsule this season: