With Caley Dimmock
The 9:00 to 5:00 grind. We all know exactly what it means. It’s been a pretty significant part of the working lifestyle of our parents generation, and our parents parents generation. This type of structured corporate grind has been around for 50 years, I mean Dolly even wrote a song with the handle. But for many millennials and generation zeers, we want something different. Something less rigid, something more adventurous and meaningful. A career that offers a different kind of work life balance, one that truly emphasizes the life part.
And if you are a regular listener of this podcast, you’ve probably either already taken the leap from your 9-5 job, never had a traditional job, or you have at least strongly considered trading it in for something less orthodox. And, don’t worry. I’m not gonna tell your boss.
But, shifting career paths can definitely present challenges, your worst case scenario fears will undoubtedly bubble to the surface and hold you back, despite the opportunity you suspect is waiting for you on the other side. The freedom of being your own boss and setting your own work-life structures is seductive, but getting there often isn’t a straight line.
That’s why today’s guest, Caley Dimmock is here to tell you all about how she leaned into her fears of leaving her traditional workplace and took the leap into freelancing. She is here to encourage you with her story of success, and to tell you how you can find your own path to freedom, independence and success as a freelancer.
If you are already a freelancer, a budding entrepreneur or someone who is feeling a little stuck in the 9-5 cycles, Caley’s story will inspire you and her wisdom is sure to set you on the right track. So settle in, I just know, you are going to love this episode.
In this episode, Caley talks about:
- Making the move to freelancing full time (yes, YOU can).
- Facing your fears head on – everything you want is on the other side of fear.
- How you know when it is time to leave your 9:00-5:00.
- Working from inspiring places.
- Tips to venture into freelancing.
- The 4 pillar system to choosing what services you are going to offer.
- Becoming great at what you do and building confidence as you do it.
- Resources to teach yourself that won’t break the bank.
- Money! And how to price your services properly (understand your worth).
- Getting started building your reputation with case studies and testimonials
- The PERFECT testimonial template
- Managing and mitigating risks when you make the leap.
- The importance of a working together agreement – setting communication boundaries.
I hope Caley’s story and words helped to give you the confidence and clarity that you need if you are considering venturing into the wonderful world of freelancing, or if you are already a freelancer looking to up level your game. And, I want to remind you that you can do this, there is only ONE you and you are fully capable. It’s okay to show up imperfectly, you deserve to chase your dreams, you deserve to invest in yourself, and to set yourself up for success. And, I wanna know how it feels when you can finally say, “I am a freelancer!”, so be sure to tag me on your adventures so I can cheer you on. For more information about Caley, including how to get in touch and for links to her resources, please visit kellylawson.ca/032, and until next week, keep on showing up. Never forget, We grow by taking imperfect action. Bye for now.
Extra goodies from Caley
Pricing Decided – Become a successful freelancer by learning how to confidently set and communicate your rates.
Freelancer Tips – What you need to have on your website to become a successful freelancer.
Connect with Caley
Check out today’s sponsor!
The 4 Step Framework for Creating Product Photos That SELL
Register now at kellylawson.ca/freemasterclass