With Kelly Lawson
Today, we are going to dig into a subject that can make a lot of us feel more than a little uncomfortable: how to deal with difficult clients.
Well, my friends, we’re going to face that challenge head-on, and I’m going to share the practical steps and mindset shifts we need to be making to manage these tough circumstances when they arise, notice I said when not if. I’ll share some of my own experiences and how I’ve evolved my systems for dealing with unhappy customers, haters and other folks who’ve got a gripe.
This is all about getting really good at dealing with adversity, so it doesn’t suck up all your time, energy and money. So, are you ready to talk about the tough stuff? Let’s do this.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to embrace complaints and criticisms as the learning opportunities that they are when you would rather stick your head in the sand.
- Separating the legit gripes from the impossible to please types.
- Being proactive in your mindset because it is impossible for everyone to like you.
- Learning how to manage your emotions.
- Managing client expectations and communicating the parameters of your deliverables as a way to mitigate complaints.
- How to handle the situation when the customer is NOT right – developing discernment
- Finding comfort in the discomfort of growth.
- Creating a an efficient process to deal with complaints.
- The importance of noting any patterns in your complaints.
- Redeeming situations when things have gone off the rails
Unhappy clients can sting a little – but remember we are all only human. Don’t let these situations take your focus off of the forward momentum. Be fair, deal with it quickly and move on. And remember, wherever there is an opportunity to delight – do that!Kelly Lawson
I hope you feel inspired and well equipped for embracing tough customers. Never forget, they are giving you unsolicited market research and a beautiful opportunity to get better, grow, and keep building your empire of awesomeness.
Thank you so much for tuning in to EPISODE 036 of the Workshop Weekly Podcast. I really truly appreciate that I get to hang out in your earbuds or on your car stereo or wherever it is that you are tuning in from week after week. Like it makes me straight up giddy – so thank you for that.
And, I will see you at the same time, same place next week!
The Workshop Weekly – Episode 18: Your Brand is NOT for Everyone and That’s Okay.
The Workshop Weekly – Episode 32: Thinking About Taking the Leap From Full-Time to Freelance? Hit Play. Caley Dimmock talks about having a “Working Together Contract” to set reasonable boundaries and expectations with her clients.
The Workshop Weekly – Episode 25: An Entrepreneurs Guide to Outsourcing
The Workshop Weekly – Episode 016: Are You Legally Protected? Click Play to Find Out.
The Workshop Weekly – Episode 14: How This Entrepreneur Grew a 7-Figure Pandemic Proof Business in Just 2 Years. Guest Ingrid Munroe managed to turn a complaint into a corporate client!
Check out today’s sponsor!
The 4 Step Framework for Creating Product Photos That SELL
Register now at kellylawson.ca/freemasterclass